Today we’re going to make a bavarian creme.
The bavarian creme is a classy dessert in the haute cusine.
The base is a creme anglaise which means a beated creme over a water bath.
The origin of the creme goes back into 1385.
Ok what you’ll need is:
- 4 egg yolks
- 70gr Xylit
- 200ml milk
- 200ml heavy whipped cream
- 1 vanilla pods/ vanilla extract
- 2 pck gelatin powder (20gr)
- beat the heavy cream
- Add 200ml milk to a pan and heat. Scrape out the vanilla pods and add them to the milk.
- Beat Sugar And Egg Yolk Separate the egg yolks from the egg white. Add 65g caster sugar and beat to a white creamy consistency.
- Combine The Milk And Egg Yolk Mix Bring the milk to the boil, then remove from the hob and place to the side for a couple of minutes. Slowly pour the milk into the egg yolks, whisking all the time.
- Heat The Creme Anglaise Return the mixture to the pan and place on a medium heat. Stir the mixture continually until it coats the back of the spoon. This should take 3-4 minutes. Add the gelatin
- Savely add the whipped cream into the creme anglaise And let it cool for 3-4h in the fridge.